Friday, November 19, 2010

Yet ANOTHER not QUITE travel-related post :)

HI. I reeealllly did have a big long blog all typed up last night about the first part of travel break in France, but the whole thing erased (magically?) somehow...before I got to post it :( I really would have throttled blogspot had that been an option. Anyway, it is now a project for later this weekend (the thing took me a good 3 hours to do!) and I'll try and have both weeks (France AND Italy) covered by then! WELL, there were some highly noteworthy occurrences this week, so I'll jot those down before this blog becomes obsolete.

I DID mention this already, but Copenhagen has become SANTA CLAUS CITY. Tivoli is all decked out, and there are garlands and wreaths and lights and cute little Christmas trees everywhere! Additionally, it gets dark by around 4 pm lately (oh the joys of living in a Nordic country! The Icelanders apparently only have 4ish hours of daylight at this point, which, according to my goofy Nordic Mythology teacher, "explains why Icelanders are the way they are."), so it's time to break out even more candles and blankets :) AND, this morning it SNOWED. I missed it (it was apparently around 9 am, and I got to sleep in until 10:30 today, SHUCKS), but it was supposedly the nasty sleety stuff that no one likes anyway.

Around Christmas time, the Danish breweries release special Christmas beers. Tuesday night, we sampled them along with Gløgg (Danish mulled wine) and HOMEMADE PIZZA! We also heated up some crepes with melted butter, and added some interesting combinations of honey and various jams (including KIWI jam! Delicious! And weird.). So Christmasy and Danish and cozy.

WELL, other than classes being classes and everyone not really being all that into school since travel break (myself of COURSE not included. HA.) Denmark has been Denmark and I love it more all the time! Today marks the first day of my last month abroad. I can't even believe it. Let's not talk about it.

Mom, Dad and Dan come to visit on Sunday! I'm SO SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM and can't wait to show them EVERYTHING. I'm already in the process of making an itinerary.

Tonight is the DIS mid-semester party! Yeeehaw! I'm off to get all dressy and cute and then to make dinner with some buddies :) PROMISE - the best France/Italy posts EVER! Soon!...Blame blogspot.

1 comment: